Sunday 15 January 2012

Goodbye, Enya Gabrielle

Enya Gabrielle
By PERCY A OSTONAL
JPNHS Batch ’66
Michigan,USA


AMONG the many messages posted on Enya Gabrielle's  Facebook account on January 7, 2012 
were her father's closing words that touched me most: “I am FREE don't grieve for me, for now I am free and following the path GOD has chosen for me".

Joel and Kathy Angeles and Enya's younger sister, Agatha, will never be the same again without Enya on their sides.

On January 4, Enya lost her battle with destructive and lethal liver cancer at a well-known cancer treatment hospital in Houston, Texas.

She died at the age of eight and was a 2nd grader in Atascocita Springs Elementary School, Humble, Texas.

On the 5th and 6th of January, viewing arrangement was made by Fall Creek Funeral Homes, Humble, Texas.

Per my last conversation with Joel on January 8, he said that they decided to have community memorial service at their nearby parish after which cremation will follow.

On 7th of January, Joel posted on Facebook: "Those of you who prayed, supported us, donated their time, effort and talent --I can't thank you enough and I am in debt for life. Enya Gabrielle is now well with Lord … my Mom -- Teresita Uzarraga-Angeles -- is also thankful … God Bless you all."

My fellow "kababayan" and friends around the world, a thousand thanks for your prayers, Enya Gabrielle is now at our Lord’s kingdom. May she rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment