A screen grab of Mayor Padilla's video in which he highlighted his administration's infrastructure projects.
By ALFREDO P HERNANDEZ
JOSE PANGANIBAN Mayor Ricarte Padilla has presented to his constituents the status of 27 on-going infrastructure projects across the municipality, at the same time appealing for more time to complete them for the utmost benefit of every Mambulaoan.
In a minute-long message through a video clip posted on YouTube recently, Padilla recalled having told Mambulaoans at the start of his term in July 2010 that he would try his best to bring changes across the municipality, starting with the rehabilitation and concreting of baranggay roads.
This would be followed by building new concrete roads to improve the delivery of goods and services to the people, he said.
Padilla’s three-year term as mayor ends in June 2013 and desperately needs a re-election in the May 2013 local polls to give him another three years to complete these projects.
“Sa tulong po ng inyong supurta, unti-unti po nating aayusin ang ating mga kalsada,” Padilla said, stressing that there would be no development in the community unless good roads are built first.
The mayor has expressed confidence that by this time, Mambulaoans are now feeling some comfort in their travel in and out of Jose Panganiban.
“I hope that you would give me and the members of my government a little more time to complete these projects,” he said.
He gave credit to the people for their cooperation in pursuing these important development projects.
The nine-minute video presentation that followed his brief remarks highlighted the following on-going public works:
1. Adea road gravelling
2. Angat Street concreting
3. Reblocking of Arreola Street
4. Bagong-bayan farm-to-market road concreting
5. CNSAT road concreting
6. Parang-Larap road cementing
7. Calogcog bridge rehabilitation
8. Loveria Street concreting
9. Maligat Street concreting and drainage rehabilitation
10. Motherlode pathways concreting
11. Nakalaya bridge rehabilitation
12. Osmena road concreting
13. P. Burgos road concreting
14. Pag-asa bridge rehabilitation
15. Parang bridge approach cementing
16. Plaridel bridge rehabilitation
17. Plaridel road concreting
18. RP Boulevard concreting
19. S Aguirre Elementary School concreting
20. San Marting projects
21. South Poblacion slope construction
22. Baranggay Sta Cruz Tulay Ng Pangulo construction
23. Sta Rosa Sur street lighting
24. Sta Rosa Norte culvert construction
25. Sta Rosa Norte pathway concreting
26. On-going concreting of FMR 2km West District
27. Calero FMR concreting
There are about 81km of roads across the municipality of Jose Panganiban but only a few kilometers were cemented at the time Padilla assumed office in July 2010.
For comments: email the writer: firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com