Improperly prepared spaghetti dish could lead to food poisoning.
LEGAZPI CITY: Albay’s provincial health office reported 23 villagers fell ill from food poisoning after eating spaghetti at a neighborhood birthday party on Wednesday afternoon, eve of All Saints’ Day, in Daraga town.
Dr Luis Mendoza, Albay health office head, said a team of provincial and municipal health workers went to Purok 6 in Barangay Gapo, some 8km from the Daraga town proper and 15km from this city, and found that 23 of 52 villagers suffered from diarrhea and headache, stomachache and vomiting.
He said the 23 villagers were brought to Bicol Regional Training and Teaching Hospital for treatment with four patients requiring confinement.
A provincial health office team also checked for more cases of food poisoning and also checked water quality in the area. - Inquirer